8.2.06

Mathematical knitting.

Generative knitting via Freddie Robins is all the rage: generator x reckons knitting patterns are harder than programming cellular automation. Ha!

I'm a knit-hacker myself: I don't do patterns. If something needs to be made, it can be figured out. The fun part about knitting is internally configuring the pattern and modifying it as it grows. Admittedly, sometimes it doesn't work. I can't understand starting something completely assured of its end result, it's no fun.

Knitting a consistent real-time typeface remains one of my favourite hobbies.

So, I've found some interesting mathematical knitting projects. And a knitted moebius strip. Yes.


(Why purple? Got to ask.)

How to is here. Might give up the blanket ban for it, bus journeys are long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home