6.3.06

A few notes on touring:



+
It's really cold up North. I used to live there when I can't remember, but wow. The snow seems to justify it.

+
4 books in bag = 10 sets of laughter = literary tom props.
We forgot we needed something between our drums and the floor. Ha! Calvino's now covered in wine, but it's ok.

+
Contact mikes are gold dust.

+
Don't tell anyone how you think it went until they tell you.

+
The words "you were amazing" mean absolutely nothing to me. I'm not ungrateful, just don't see the relevancy in over-emphatic tones. 3 things I don't mind: great, good and thumbs. Shifty eyes are also ok.

+
After one day, we discovered that none of us really knew why we were wearing black veils. Any which way, mesh = fun.

+
Keeping merch tallies is better than watching sport.

+
Christina's the best driver I've ever driven with. She gets lost in style when I think I know where I'm going, and sings along to her tapes too. (Tape highlight = 2 Morro Morro Land off Hypermagic Mountain. Reminded me I haven't given it enough time)

+
Finding a place to sleep isn't as hard as it would at first seem.
Finish the set with "And does anyone have space for 4 girls?" and you end up with people who hang paper skeletons in their corridors. Saul had to wake up his housemate: "If I don't, he won't believe me in the morning when you're gone."

+
The Liars use GPS and listen to + broadcast their ipod a lot. Aymie says Bon Jovi = tour bus hit. (Apparently their next album's going metal). I had to flick through (can't help being curious). Remember gaps more than anything: there's no 'electronica' on there. No Wolf Eyes / Black Dice either. Lots of Eno though, and they played Dizzee Rascal's I Luv U remix a lot.

+
The Liars say that Leopard Leg are "the best thing to happen to us."

+
Being able to hear oneself = overrated = impossible = the best thing that ever happened to us.

+
If we could, we'd play in the dark every time.

1 Comments:

Blogger cryptogram said...

sob

sounds like good fun

8/3/06 23:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home