2.1.06

happy new year.



The new year started with 15 sets of fireworks, we had a panoramic view across London from my roof top.

Down the road, Sud at the Lord Cecil was great for want of a better good word. Margarita thought Oliver Hacke was the ultimate tease, and Alex kept wailing for a drop. I don't have that much of an overactive imagination, but I couldn't stop dancing.

Sans Soleil was most apt for the first film of the new year. Ariel Pink for motivation to leave the flat. Over a vegetarian Indian feast I got told that people who make resolutions should die.

This year I'm going to be on time.

Hangover cure n: Maison Bertaux on Greek Street (take your dates there, I'm told). I couldn't choose the profiteroles; my mum makes them in triple digits in the early hours of the morning for NHS nurses. They are better than most things.

Yesterday, I saw the funniest trailer I've seen in a while. Woody Allen should stop making films about relationships.

2 Comments:

Blogger mink said...

happy new year bloop.
sounds you had a nicer new year than mine.
the idea to lock myself all alone in the flat for three days to get some writing done sounded appealing at the time. What a masochist. Today I felt like a puppy beling let out after two days.

3/1/06 19:02  
Blogger dodeckahedron said...

happy new year!

Mink, staying in and writing sounds good. I did a bit of confined-nothing this holiday, it was great.

Sara, no.

I will come to DMZ though.

6/1/06 00:03  

Post a Comment

<< Home